As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
BMC Biotechnology and BMC Cancer together present the latest collection of articles on the advances in CAR-T immunotherapy covering the entire range of advances from lab to clinic. Click to read more.
BMC Series Focus Issue
To celebrate World Allergy Week 2020, the BMC Series is proud to present July’s focus issue dedicated to inflammation. Browse our biology, chemistry and medical titles for insight into recent research in the field, including allergy, autoimmune and inflammatory conditions.
In this article the authors demonstrate a new lentivirus-driven method for genome editing of Salmon cells. Read the full article here.
Aims and scope
The journal welcomes submissions in these broad areas of research:
Cellular, tissue and whole organism biotechnology
Drug discovery and delivery
Food and nutritional biotechnology
Mathematical modeling and statistics in biology
Methods and technological advances in biotechnology
Plant and agricultural biotechnology
Systems and synthetic biology
To read the full scope of the journal, click here.Read More
BMC Biotechnology is recruiting new Associate Editors
- Akila Sridhar, BioMed Central, UK
- Anna Melidoni, BioMed Central, UK
- Lauren McMillan, BioMed Central, UK
- Joaquim M Cabral, Instituto Superior Tecnico
- Dennis Claessen, Leiden University
- Peter J Punt, TNO Microbiology & Systems Biology/Leiden University
- Marko Radic, University of Tennessee
- John J Rossi, Beckman Research Institute City of Hope
- Igor Stagljar, University of Toronto
- Hyung Joon Cha, Pohang University of Science and Technology
- Ting Lu, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Peter J. Punt, PhD is Chief Technology Officer of Dutch DNA Biotech BV, a fungal biotechnology technology provider and contract research company situated in the Netherlands. In 2008 he was appointed at Leiden University in the chair of Industrial Biotechnology He joined BMC Biotechnology as a Section Editor in 2012.