As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
BMC Series Focus Issue
To celebrate World Environment day, we present this month's focus issue on the effect of environment on biology. Here is a selection of manuscripts from different BMC Series Journals focusing on the influence of local environment at at a cellular and whole organism level.
A new method for cheaper and longer-lasting vaccines
A recent article published in BMC Biotechnology explores a new method to build longer lasting thermo-stable vaccines for a fraction of the cost. Read the full article here.
Aims and scope
BMC Biotechnology is recruiting new Associate Editors
- Akila Sridhar, BioMed Central, UK
- Anna Melidoni, BioMed Central, UK
- Lauren McMillan, BioMed Central, UK
- Joaquim M Cabral, Instituto Superior Tecnico
- Dennis Claessen, Leiden University
- Peter J Punt, TNO Microbiology & Systems Biology/Leiden University
- Marko Radic, University of Tennessee
- John J Rossi, Beckman Research Institute City of Hope
- Igor Stagljar, University of Toronto
- Hyung Joon Cha, Pohang University of Science and Technology
- Ting Lu, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Peter J. Punt, PhD is Chief Technology Officer of Dutch DNA Biotech BV, a fungal biotechnology technology provider and contract research company situated in the Netherlands. In 2008 he was appointed at Leiden University in the chair of Industrial Biotechnology He joined BMC Biotechnology as a Section Editor in 2012.