A chicken bioreactor for efficient production of functional cytokines
A recent article published in BMC Biotechnology explores the potential of transgenic chicken as a bioreactor for cost-effective production of pure, high quality, biologically active protein for therapeutics. See the social media coverage here.
Call for papers to two new Sections
BMC Biotechnology has launched two new sections: Biomaterials section led by Prof. Hyung Joon Cha, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Republic of Korea; Systems and synthetic biology section led by Prof. Ting Lu, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA.
Both sections are now open for submissions.
Call for papers: Genome editing technology and applications in animals and plants
BMC Biotechnology is currently accepting submissions to a thematic series entitled "Genome editing technology and applications in animals and plants".
Deadline Extended to 30th June 2019
Aims and scope
- Akila Sridhar, BioMed Central, UK
- Eleanor Harding, BioMed Central, UK
- Ayelet Fishman, Technion
- Joaquim M Cabral, Instituto Superior Tecnico
- Dennis Claessen, Leiden University
- Peter J Punt, TNO Microbiology & Systems Biology/Leiden University
- Marko Radic, University of Tennessee
- John J Rossi, Beckman Research Institute City of Hope
- Igor Stagljar, University of Toronto
- Neal C Stewart, University of Tennessee
- Hyung Joon Cha, Pohang University of Science and Technology
- Ting Lu, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign