BMC Biotechnology is recruiting new Editorial Board Member to join the Editorial Board. With the expansion of the journal, we wish to expand our Editorial Board to ensure the journal is able to cope with submissions on a broad range of topics whilst maintaining high editorial standards.
We welcome applications from researchers with expertise in all aspects of biotechnology including but not limited to food and agricultural biotechnology, mathematical modelling and biostatistics in life sciences, genome editing, cell and tissue engineering, microbial biotechnology, vaccine production and drug modelling.
BMC Biotechnology scope and ethos
BMC Biotechnology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on technologies and methodologies of relevance for the manipulation or optimization of biological molecules or organisms, the environment, cellular and tissue engineering, or the pharmaceutical/biomedical, agricultural and biotechnological industries.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
We are looking for researchers who are committed to open access, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years;
- have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the need of the journal.
Suitable Editorial Board Members for BMC Biotechnology also must:
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be committed to represent BMC Biotechnology within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
An Editorial Board Member is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements and recommends decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Editorial Board Member for BMC Biotechnology should be willing to handle a minimum of twelve (12) manuscripts per year across a range of disciplines within their broader subject area.
We also encourage all of our Editors to take an active interest in journal development and promotional projects to help increase the visibility of our published research.
Our Editorial Board Members will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Editorial Board Members will report to the in-house Editor.
More information on Editorial Board Responsibilities can be found here.