Skip to main content

Advertisement

Figure 3 | BMC Biotechnology

Figure 3

From: Rheological characterization of an injectable alginate gel system

Figure 3

Storage modulus and kinetics of alginate gels as a function of time and molecular weight. Guluronate-rich sodium alginates (F g = 0.7) with different M W were combined with strontium alginate. The total alginate salt concentration was 2.1%, consisting of 1.0% from sodium alginate and 1.1% from strontium alginate except for the upper curve where the sodium alginate concentration was increased to 2.0% (total alginate concentration was 3.1%). All data points are shown as the mean with standard error of three independent runs and curves were fitted to the data by eq. 1. Calculated maximum gel strength (A) and half time (t 1/2 ) for the gel setting are shown.

Back to article page